Friday, April 17, 2009

Houston Genealogy Records and Books Now Online

stack of books


While doing some research on my family history, I discovered that some of the records I previously could only view on microfiche at the Clayton library are now online.

It's the result of a joint project to digitally preserve and publish Houston's genealogy library’s extensive collection of county records, local histories and registers of individuals. The partnership with FamilySearch and the Houston Public Library provides free access to the storehouse of online books and records.

Being able to access this vital information on the internet is a welcome treat for genealogy pros and for those of us who are simply trying to reconnect with our roots.

Before I forget let me give a plug to the blog Houston on the Cheap for "cluing me in" on the upcoming Friends of the Houston Public Library Annual Book Sale. This super sale takes place this weekend at George R. Brown Convention Center. Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publishers Weekly - Author Interviews News